Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Strasburg High School

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member rebelron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2003
    Posts
    204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Strasburg High School

    There is a kid that played there last season transfering to Maryville. What do you guys know about Strasburg? Maryville
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/rebelron/varsity08-600x312.jpg[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Shoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2002
    Posts
    1,620
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Strasburg High School

    Strasburg HS

    I know they play in the Bull Run District which is an above average district. Really the only team in the District that is any good is Manassas Park. I also think that Strasburg is a Single A school, but I may be wrong there.
    "Freedom is not free, it requires great sacrafice. The price is paid in blood."

  3. #3
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Strasburg High School

    [ QUOTE ]
    which is an above average district. Really the only team in the District that is any good is Manassas Park.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    This doesn't make any sense, if it is an above average district I would consider it to have 4-5 good teams, with only 1 good team it would be way below average. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member rebelron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2003
    Posts
    204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Strasburg High School

    Thanks.
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/rebelron/varsity08-600x312.jpg[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Strasburg High School

    They had several good teams in the late 80s/early 90s.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Strasburg High School

    The proposed Bull Run District for 2007-08/2008-09 looks to me to be a pretty tough district

    Clarke County
    Madison County
    Manassas Park
    George Mason
    Rappahannock Co.
    Strasburg

    I would consider this an above average district with all good teams with the least being Clarke and Madison who are still better than average most years with more down years than the others.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member imported_VHSLhelper's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16th, 2005
    Posts
    883
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Strasburg High School

    Nice little town on I-81 before Wincester.

    Longest-tenured head coach in Va. - Glenn Proctor started in 1964 (I think Robbins was still in high school then); won 65% of his games : 293-159-7.

    Hey-day was 87-92, with, I think, 4 trips to the finals (includes losses to Jonesville & Appy).

    Strasburg Rams


  8. #8
    Inactive Member StateChamps92's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 27th, 2004
    Posts
    367
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Strasburg High School

    Stasburg lost the Group A title to Jonesville in '88 by a score of 21-20 (I think). We (Appy) beat them 26-20 in '92. I think they lost one more after that. They one a state title a few years ago. I think their coaches name is Proctor. They seem to have a competitive team each year or so.
    "Do or do not, there is no try"...Yoda

  9. #9
    Inactive Member otto_man's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 27th, 2005
    Posts
    105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Strasburg High School

    Strasburg was in the boys basketball final 4 in Norfolk in 1999, losing to Pound 78 to 64 in the State Semi-finals. Seemed to be a good group of folks, good sportsmanship from players and fans.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member imported_GC_Quincy's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    905
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Strasburg High School

    They also used to have purple ketchup on their hot dogs. Not sure if they still do. I'm here to provide important information.....lol
    In honor and memory of my best friend Toby (oletob)
    Take em one at a time and everything else will take care of itself

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •